MithraSIG is the result of the collaboration between two specialists, the CSTB (Scientific and Technical Center for Building) and Geomod, who have combined their respective expertise to develop a powerful acoustic simulation software.
The CSTB, renowned expert with over 40 years of research into acoustics, provides state of the art simulation engines in terms of both precision and performance.
Geomod, expert in geomatics and renowned for its high reactivity and the quality of its support, brings its expertise in development and integration.
The physical simulation engine computes noise propagation according to the requirements of current regulations, including European Directive 2002/49/CE, which takes into account the effect of meteorological conditions.
- Geometric engines ranging from rapid ray propagation to beam propagation enabling diffraction on the vertical edges of objects.
- 64 bits software and multi-processing, using the latest available technology.
- Calculation methods: CNOSSOS-EU, NMPB2008 (octave and 1/3 octave), ISO9613, NMPB96 (XP S31-133), Harmonoise (octave and 1/3 octave).
MithraSIG can produce documents of quality for acoustic simulation, in particular dynamic PDFs (with layers, diagrams and geo-referencing). These very light PDFs allow a transfer of the renderings produced by e-mail.
In addition, MithraSIG also allows the distribution of maps produced in various forms, such as:
- Export tiles for the web.
- Export in KMZ which allows, among other things, visualization in Google Earth ™.
- Export to real-time virtual mockup softwares.
- Export to more than 50 formats, both vectors and rasters (SHP, TAB, ECW, JPEG, TIFF, BIL, …).
MithraSIG can also measure the acoustic impact of future projects in terms of impacted population. 2D and 3D maps are great communication vectors. They provide an objective advice in public meetings related to new infrastructure or new development.